Saturday, October 20, 2007

PRESS: K.I.T.T.

I'm mentioning this mostly for my Little Buddy Sean, father of my god-daughter, but NBC is moving ahead with its plans to bring 'Knight Rider' back into play in Toobworld. It won't be a re-imagining of the original concept, like 'Battlestar Galactica' and 'The Bionic Woman' have been, but instead an actual sequel to the original series (with enough wiggle room to allow 'Team Knight Rider' in as part of the main Toobworld franchise).

Merrick of "Ain't It Cool News" has read the script and provides
a summary of the plot, the characters, and the capabilities of the new K.I.T.T., the Knight Industries Three Thousand. Supposedly the main human character, Mike Tracer, will have a distinct link to the show's past.

If it does prove to be a true sequel to the original 'Knight Rider', I'm in for the pilot TV-movie that launches the project. I was never much of a fan of the original, but I always did love the concept of a car with William Daniels voice. I can only hope the upgrade has great vocal chops as well.

Here's one suggestion - go for a feminine AI along the lines of Kathleen Turner or Cathy Moriarty, something that might provide a little "auto-erotic" give and take in the dialogue.


Just sayin', is all......

BCnU!
Toby OB

1 comment:

the Cur family said...

Sorry, Tube, but my love of David Hasselhoff extends only to the Spongebob Squarepants movie...

I'm glad it's not a re-imagining... I don't want any damn talking cars in Tubeworld in Exile!