Saturday, May 26, 2012

WIIG OUT



A week ago today, 'Saturday Night Live' televised its season finale. (Their 37th, if I'm not mistaken, and I often am.....)

But it also marked the final appearance by Kristen Wiig as a cast member. After seven years on the show, creating such characters as Kat, Doonie, Gilly, and the Target Lady, she'll probably be seeking to capitalize on her Academy Award nomination for writing "Bridesmaids", in which she also starred.

I never thought I'd ever see an 'SNL' send-off to a cast member that could equal that given to the late, great Phil Hartman. And in this case, I was right. This surpassed that classic good-bye.......


I felt myself get a little misty-eyed during that private moment she shared onstage with Jason Sudeikis - it had an "I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow" vibe to it. But when Lorne Michaels came out to dance with her.... 

 Well, as 'Saturday Night Live' would put it, I got verklempt.

BCnU!

No comments: