Wednesday, July 29, 2009

LITTLE MARTHA

Here's a conversation I had with fellow TV blogger Thom Holbrook in Facebook:

Thom:
I do like the conceit that apparently Martha Jones stays honeymooning through a world wide calamity. And, even though they really can't do it and have the show work... wouldn't ya take a shot at calling The Doctor? Jack has to have a direct line at this point. Toby:
Good point! I could see Martha not showing up, but I know she wouldn't have stayed on her honeymoon. She would have returned to the NY offices of UNIT where she had been stationed perhaps, or whichever one was closest to where she was on her honeymoon (since UNIT is an international body). As to calling the Doctor, maybe she did. Maybe the 456 invasion occurred at a time when the Doctor didn't have the phone on him, when he was separated from the TARDIS.


I'm going to wait until I see what happens in "Waters Of Mars" before I come up with a theory. (Wouldn't work with the "Planet of the Dead" special; nobody seemed to be concerned with the mystery of the children speaking in unison when the bus returned to Earth....)

Thom runs that first Crossover web-site seen listed on the left.....

BCnU!

No comments: