Wednesday, October 8, 2008

TV CROSSOVER HALL OF FAME: THE YEAR SO FAR

As we're getting closer to the end of the year, I thought I should list all of the inductees (so far) into the TV Crossover Hall of Fame for 2008.....

2008

January - Rusty Williams
February - Grady Wilson
March - Betty White
April - Jose Jiminez

May - Emily Hartley
June - Topo Gigio
Birthday Honors - Archibald Beechcroft

July - Kwai Chang Caine
August - Doc Holliday
September - Jamie Tarses
October - Grandpa & Lily Munster

Two more entrants to go! Usually November is reserved for newsmakers and/or politicians, and hopefully we can maintain the tradition of a holiday entry for a few more years....

Next year is the tenth anniversary of the TV Crossover Hall of Fame, and we'll be celebrating by inducting someone new each week based on four rotating themes: the League of Themselves, Cartoon Characters, Historical Figures, and a fourth still to be determined. (I'm leaning towards locations.)

I probably should have reserved Archibald Beechcroft for next year's birthday honors, considering how transcendentally universal he is as a Toobworld character. Oh well. I was so excited when the idea came to me, I couldn't wait to get him into the Hall. After all, who knows what the future holds?

BCnU!
Toby O'B

2 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I don't know if you've inducted him into the hall of fame or not, but Richard Belzer as Sgt. Munch has to be a part of it if he isn't already. I mean, he started out on Homicide. While still on that show he appeared in The X-Files (Unusual Suspects--the origin of The Lone Gunmen; btw, as far as I know this was the first cross-network crossover to my knowledge) and Law and Order. He then moved to Law and Order: SVU. He has also appeared on The Beat, Law and Order: Trial by Jury, Arrested Development, and The Wire. I think the only Law and Order character who comes close is the late, great Lennie Briscoe, who appeared on every single Law and Order series.

Toby O'B said...

At the end of the year I'll be posting the full run-down of the members in the TV Crossover Hall of Fame. (Someday I'll put up a permanent site for it.)

Munch was inducted in April of 1999, the first official year of the Hall. Even then I knew he would soon usurp Sam Drucker's place as the Crossover King (in number of episodes).

Thanks as always for checking us out, Merc!