Friday, October 19, 2007

TREK MUSINGS

My Iddiot friend from Krypton, Brian-El, sent me the round-up of all the cast members for the "Younger Trek" version of 'Star Trek':

Kirk: Chris Pine (Smokin' Aces, Surrender Dorothy, The Princess Diaries 2)

Spock: Zachary Quinto (recurring roles on "Heroes", "24")

Nero (the bad guy): Eric Bana (Troy, Munich, Black Hawk Down)

Scotty: Simon Pegg (Grindhouse, Mission: Impossible III, Shaun of the Dead[played Shaun], "Band Of Brothers")

Uhura: Zoe Saldana ("Six Degrees", Dirty Deeds, The Terminal, Center Stage)

Chekov: Anton Yelchin ("Huff", Alpha Dog, "The Practice")

Sulu: John Cho (last night's "Ugly Betty", "Kitchen Confidential", HaroldAnd Kumar Go To White Castle [played Harold], American Wedding)

Old Spock: Leonard Nimoy (who?)

As I told him, I wanted to see Gary Sinise as Dr. McCoy, but I have no complaints otherwise. Well, as much as I enjoy John Cho, he doesn't look like Takei to me.

I'm hoping they'll have Christopher Pike and Robert April in the cast of characters.

My brother raises an interesting concern - he's hoping Kirk's experience with the Kobayashi Maru test will be factored into the plot at some point. I hate when established continuity is ignored or sacrificed for what is thought to be a more exciting script.

That's all I have to say on the matter at this time.....

BCnU!
Toby OB

ADDENDUM:
I lied.

I also want to see Kevin Reilly, Finnegan, and Governor Kodos show up somehow in the plot.

No comments: