Saturday, August 12, 2006

TWO'S DAY ON SATURDAY

Finally got around to watching the original version of "The Omen" after holding the Netflix copy for about 2 1/2 months. (They're making their money off of me!)

I'm not the 21 year old who saw it when it first came out, so it didn't have the same effect on me as it once did. But I did get a kick out of seeing two actors from two of my favorite cult TV classics of the 1960s:

Patrick Troughton, who played the doomed little priest, Father Brennan, was the Second incarnation of The Doctor in 'Doctor Who'. At the time I first saw this movie, I had no clue what 'Doctor Who' was. It had not shown up in America yet except for the Peter Cushing movies.

And then there was Leo McKern, unbilled as Carl Bugenhagen near the end of the movie. He was the best remembered of the Village leaders known as Number Two in 'The Prisoner'.

Two Two's in a manner of speaking......

I suppose fans of the "Harry Potter" movies were just as pleased with the remake of "The Omen"; to see two actors in the same scene who also appeared in the same movie - David Thewlis played the doomed photographer Keith Jennings and Michael Gambon was Bugenhagen this time around.

In "Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban", Thewlis was Professor Lupin and Gambon was Professor Dumbledore.....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: